Here is the next release of 2006 Census Data. Today (April 2, 2008) marks the release of ethnic origin, visible minorities, place of work and mode of transportation data. I am providing some links to some of these ways of seeing the latest Census release. Check out the new Census Trends pages, which provides some interesting time series comparisons. Enjoy.
Article in The Daily (Statistics Canada newsletter)
- Ethnocultural Portrait of Canada Highlight Tables, 2006 Census
- Topic-based tabulations: Ethnic origin and visible minorities
- Cumulative profile and release components: Ethnic origin and visible minorities
- Analysis Series: Canada’s Ethnocultural Mosaic
- Place of Work Highlight Tables, 2006 Census
- Topic-based tabulations: Place of work and commuting to work
- Cumulative profile and release components: Labour market activity, Industry, Occupation, Education, Language of work, Place of work and mode of transportation
- Analysis Series: Commuting Patterns and Places of Work of Canadians
Cumulative profile and release components: Labour market activity, Industry, Occupation, Education, Language of work, Place of work and mode of transportation2006 Community ProfilesCensus Tract (CT) Profiles, 2006 Census
Option 1 – Find census tract data using a postal code
Option 2 – Find census tract data using GeoSearch2006
Option 3 – Find census tract data using a census tract name
Includes ability to do some basic thematic mapping by Census Tract and link to CT profiles.
2006 Census Thematic Maps
A thematic map shows the spatial distribution of one or more specific data themes for standard geographic areas. The map may be qualitative in nature (e.g., predominant farm types) or quantitative (e.g., percentage population change).
The maps can be viewed on the Internet (www.statcan.ca) and downloaded for free (as PDF or EXE files).
They are in colour and the map dimensions are 21.6 cm by 27.9 cm (8.5 inches x 11 inches).
Census trends NEW
This new product presents a series of summary data trends spanning three censuses: 2006, 2001 and 1996. The product is designed to facilitate the analysis and comparison of the changing demographic and socio-economic composition of selected geographic areas across Canada. The product will include approximately 85 key data indicators, released in two phases.
Option 1 – Selected data indicators for a geography
Option 2 – Compare a level of geography for a selected data indicator
Option 3 – Compare data indicators for two geographies