A cross-post from my friend Tracey over at datalibre.ca
Access to public data is one of the most popular VOTE topics in the submissions on the Digital Economy Consultation site. Here are the VOTING submissions that ask for open data, open access and open government.
- Open Access to Canada’s Public Sector Information and Data is looking for some votes.
- Improved access to publicly-funded data associated with research data Require open access to results of research funded by the Canadian taxpayer
- Open Access to Canadian research
- National Archives Content Online
- Créer une licence « Creative Commons » du Canada
- Protect and enhance digital freedoms for education
There has also been some writing about the consultation:
Michael Geist: Opening Up Canada’s Digital Economy Strategy
David Eaves: Canada’s Digital Economy Strategy: Two quick actions you can take
Take a few minutes to login and vote! If you can, provide a comment about how access to data has improved or will improve your work.